WW1 German POWs in Britain & Ireland

Pattishall

Cadet
Hi Everyone.
I've just joined this Forum as I saw some posts about Germans being held in WW1 at Camps in Norfolk and Suffolk, England. I've been researching this topic for a while and in 2015 spent two weeks driving around these counties. I took some photos of what is there 100 years after the locations were used to imprison Germans and a few Austrians and Hungarians. In some cases nothing remains there today, in other cases a farm or a mill or former vicarage, some buildings now converted to modern homes, have survived. I plan to go back in July (2017) and visit the places I did not see on my last trip. I'll be based in Suffolk. I'd like to make contact with anyone whose relatives were at these camps either as POWs or as Camp Guards, or perhaps descendants of farmers who employed POWs between 1916 and 1919.

Hi Everyone.
I've just joined this Forum as I saw some posts about Germans being held in WW1 at Camps in Norfolk and Suffolk, England. I've been researching this topic for a while and in 2015 spent two weeks driving around these counties. I took some photos of what is there 100 years after the locations were used to imprison Germans and a few Austrians and Hungarians. In some cases nothing remains there today, in other cases a farm or a mill or former vicarage, some buildings now converted to modern homes, have survived. I plan to go back in July (2017) and visit the places I did not see on my last trip. I'll be based in Suffolk. I'd like to make contact with anyone whose relatives were at these camps either as POWs or as Camp Guards, or perhaps descendants of farmers who employed POWs between 1916 and 1919.
Howdy, @Pattishall . A pleasure to have you join us.

Hi Everyone.
Welcome to CivilWarTalk.

Good luck with your research.

Would this be the thread you found that led you to join ?
https://civilwartalk.com/threads/world-war-1-german-pow-question.126180/#post-1367870

Back