WOW! New program that lets you colorize your own photographic images

Boonslick

Sergeant
I just discovered this new ap today and I'm transfixed. In fact I have been playing with it all morning-you will too.

https://colourise.sg/#colorize

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...app-transforms-black-white-photos-colour.html

Simply upload your black and white images and the free program colorizes them within seconds. The photo appears as a PGN. file. If you want to pass it on as a JPEG. you must convert it using your Microsoft Paint Program. The best results occur with high resolution landscapes but it does a passable job with any B&W image. If there are a lot of people using the program you may have to wait a while or try again later. Have fun with it- you will be amazed.

Below are the results I got using images from my collection.

Parade Drummers original.png

View attachment 298961

View attachment 298967

View attachment 298969

Parade Drummers colorized jpeg.jpg

View attachment 298972

View attachment 298973

Bath Time original.png

Bath Time recolored JPEG.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great app! Thanks for sharing. I really like the look of the colorized images.

I tinkered with it too, first trying it on the wedding photo of my grandparents - and it looked as pixeled as the scanned b&w original. :laugh:

Then I tried these:
Union_1864_Council of War at Massaponax Church_1_colorized.jpg

Union_1864_Council of War at Massaponax Church_2_colorized.jpg

Union_1864_Council of War at Massaponax Church_3_colorized.jpg

Daniel Harvey Hill_colorized.jpg

Man this is fun!
It is indeed! I'll have to color a few more now. :D

I'm glad that you like this program. It adds a who new element to playing with old photographs.
The baby picture in post #3 is me. I haven't changed much- I still have a big head and run around with no clothes on.
Okay then, I understand that was an invitation to abuse your thread by showing my old family photo... :biggrin:
Snip-it_1553618606643.jpg

colorized-image.jpg

James N. that's my Dad, the WWII vet in civilian clothes :smile:

Respectfully, not a fan.

To whit; not every white person had the same hue of skin, not every dark coat was the same hue of blue, and dirt or gravel streets were not green.

There's history, and there's toying at history, and a place for both I suppose.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this!

It didn't work too well with most of the ACW images I had saved, but these are a couple that came out nice. Sure, the colors may not be exact to what they truly were, but these two look much better than some of the others I tried.

colorized-image-comparison (3).jpg

Thomas Taylor, Co. K "Phoenix Company," 8th Louisiana infantry.

colorized-image-comparison.jpg

colorized-image-comparison (7).jpg

The Old Exchange Building, Charleston, SC, 1865.

Also thought this photo of a Marine at Tarawa turned out nicely. Even got the camo correct, for the most part.
colorized-image-comparison (5).jpg

Back