Winston Groom's "Shrouds of Glory"

I went to a lecture of Winston Groom's last night. He's been named to the Board of Directors of the Confederate Museum, here in New Orleans.

The talk was on his Battle of New Orleans (1815) book "Patriotic Fire", but as he's also written about the ACW ("Shrouds of Glory")

I was wondeing if anyone on the list had read either of these works?

Capt. Coxetter

I have just started reading "Shrouds of Glory" It is an intresting read and more of a digest of other works. Still, if someone has not read about the AOT in its last major effort, it will and should spark intrest into futher study of it.

Richard is probably correct in his evaluation. I've heard that there are much better works available. However, reading a rehash by an better writer than many historians might well have value.

Haven't read it yet, and may not bother, as I have already read some of the "better works."

Ole

Terrible book. I found so many easily checked inaccuracies in the first 30 pages or so that I stopped reading and returned the book to the bookstore. When the clerk asked why I was returning it I said it was defective.

Back