Research Wilson's Creek National Battlefield Museum and Library Update

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

SWMODave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Thread Medic
For those making vacation or business plans to visit Wilson's Creek National Battlefield, please be aware of the following closures.

Due to a renovation of the Visitor Center, the library was closed last Friday and will be for 6 - 9 months, depending on renovation progress.

The Visitor's Center and museum will close November 1st for the same period.

There will be a trailer in the parking lot where one can pay admission fees, watch orientation film, get information, and contact a Ranger. Another trailer will furnish restrooms.

Hopefully, if construction stays on schedule, the new center, museum, and library will be open for the summer of 2020. And if you can visit in 2021, the Foundation has plans to host a battle reenactment nearby.

More

archieclement

Captain
For those making vacation or business plans to visit Wilson's Creek National Battlefield, please be aware of the following closures.

Due to a renovation of the Visitor Center, the library was closed last Friday and will be for 6 - 9 months, depending on renovation progress.

The Visitor's Center and museum will close November 1st for the same period.

There will be a trailer in the parking lot where one can pay admission fees, watch orientation film, get information, and contact a Ranger. Another trailer will furnish restrooms.

Hopefully, if construction stays on schedule, the new center, museum, and library will be open for the summer of 2020. And if you can visit in 2021, the Foundation has plans to host a battle reenactment nearby.

More
Yup hasn't been the same since Sweeny's...…...supposedly a lot of it will become viewable again when all this is done

Joshism

2nd Lieutenant
I've been thinking about a trip out to see Wilson's Creek, Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, and such. Good to know I shouldn't go in 2020.

archieclement

Captain
I've been thinking about a trip out to see Wilson's Creek, Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, and such. Good to know I shouldn't go in 2020.
If you've read up on the battle, I wouldn't be afraid to still go, WC is one of the western battlefields thats open enough its easy to follow the movements. Unless you were wanting to do research, the library was great, but most the artifact collection hadnt been viewable since sweeny's closed