Will you participate in another favorite facial hair contest?

Will you participate in another favorite facial hair contest?

• Yes, I will enter the contest (with hopes of winning the prize) and vote for the photos.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Yes, I will only vote for the photos.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Anyone can vote for the photos. Only those who enter the contest can choose their favorites to win. These people have a chance to win the prize. It is believed if one enters the contest s/he will also vote for the photos. I now added the parenthetical phrase for clarification.

Edit - only 14 people entered the first contest yet there were 56 votes in the finals.

Last edited:
I didn't enter because I didn't understand the rules and didn't have the time or inclination to go look them up again. I did vote in the finals.

Question--are there enough pictures around that you don't have to repeat the same owners of facial hair? Didn't you pick the most spectacular ones for the first contest? If so, we'll just keep having contests among lesser and lesser beards, ending up with clean-shaven!

Maybe wait until next year?

I didn't enter because I didn't understand the rules and didn't have the time or inclination to go look them up again. I did vote in the finals.

Question--are there enough pictures around that you don't have to repeat the same owners of facial hair? Didn't you pick the most spectacular ones for the first contest? If so, we'll just keep having contests among lesser and lesser beards, ending up with clean-shaven!

Maybe wait until next year?
You are correct. I did pick out the greatest variety of photos and the most spectacular photos for the first contest. Not having enough "epic awesomeness and awesome epicness" is my concern with having another contest but there are enough pictures to go around. I'm thinking of changing the scoring to 8 points for 1st place, 7 points for 2nd place, 6 points for 3rd place...1 point for 8th place.

Or, consider other themes, i.e., most overrated, underrated, handsome, obnoxious, hairstyle, the list is endless.
Wouldn't have to be men only, i.e., prettiest wives, best looking horse, coolest car....:wink:

Just thinking out loud.:smile:
Not a lot of photos of wives and horses that I know of. As for cars...
goofy-cars-14.jpg

The contest was fun so I'd enter again but I want a chance for that toaster oven I've always craved so I'd be all in.

I think another topic might be more fun than another facial hair contest if there's enough images for a different category. So that's my vote on that subject.

The contest was fun so I'd enter again but I want a chance for that toaster oven I've always craved so I'd be all in.

I think another topic might be more fun than another facial hair contest if there's enough images for a different category. So that's my vote on that subject.
Do you have an idea for a category?

Enjoyed those photos, E_Just_E. I recall hearing of some officer's account of having a meal while visiting with General Asboth, who is wrapped in the flag, above. The General had two big dogs at the time, including one called York, who I believe is the one in this photo. The visiting officer was, if I recall correctly, bemused at seeing the two dogs eat from the table along with the rest of General Asboth's guests.

Back