Will the new guidance about mask wearing cause reenactments to be canceled?

Just attended a small event in Burton, Ohio and had no issues with masks. Saw a few spectators wearing them, which is their option. Also went to a Medieval Faire that included outdoor and indoor (vendor booths) activities. Saw a few masks but otherwise it was pretty normal (if you can call people wearing armor and fairy wings normal 😁). Let the event organizers and participants make the decisions on these and have everyone respect them and we should be fine. Mandates from on high will likely be met with much resistance after this summer.

Our Battery had to cancel our Civil War Ball at the Ohio Statehouse this year due to the restrictions.
The Hale Farm Event in Ohio was cancelled again this year due to COVID, but so far that is the only one.

In my case, I will be keeping a close eye on the COVID situation, and may not participate in events depending on what is happening. While Myself and my wife are vaccinated, My sister in law lives with us who is under hospice care and is unable to take the vaccine due to her condition. We are now starting to restrict ourselves and staying home more, due to not wanting to bring it back into the house.

Our Battery had to cancel our Civil War Ball at the Ohio Statehouse this year due to the restrictions.
The Hale Farm Event in Ohio was cancelled again this year due to COVID, but so far that is the only one.

In my case, I will be keeping a close eye on the COVID situation, and may not participate in events depending on what is happening. While Myself and my wife are vaccinated, My sister in law lives with us who is under hospice care and is unable to take the vaccine due to her condition. We are now starting to restrict ourselves and staying home more, due to not wanting to bring it back into the house.
Good for you and @major bill for your very responsible views.

Back