IL Will the damaged Civil War monument in Woodland Cemetery be repaired? - IL

CMWinkler

Colonel
Retired Moderator
Will the damaged Civil War monument in Woodland Cemetery be repaired?
AR-308029794.jpg

This damaged marble eagle from the top of the Soldiers Monument at Woodland Cemetery is being repaired by Harrison Monuments in Warsaw. | Submitted Photo
By Matt Hopf Herald-Whig
Posted: Aug. 2, 2016 10:40 am

Are efforts being planned to restore the Civil War monument in Woodland Cemetery that was damaged during last year's windstorm?

Restoration of the monument is moving forward.

In an article about how cemeteries are recovering from the July 13, 2015, storm, Herald-Whig Staff Writer Edward Husar wrote that repairs were underway.

More: http://www.whig.com/20160802/will-the-damaged-civil-war-monument-in-woodland-cemetery-be-repaired#

I really hope so. Have they given any kind of estimate on the cost. We are dealing with that now "The Cost"

I really hope so. Have they given any kind of estimate on the cost. We are dealing with that now "The Cost"
I too am very concerned about this cost. Im reminded of an old Southern line: sayin dont make it so. As a contributor, I would be very stringent about credentials and past performance, for those performing the work. IMHO, all are "guessperts" until proven otherwise.

Back