Wide Awake Films Documentaries

James N.

Colonel
Forum Host
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Don't know if anyone noticed or not, but the documentaries from the good ole days of reenacting from Wide Awake Films are on Youtube, courtesy of Wide Awake Films of course.

I wonder by the looks of the Shiloh one, James N. does this look like one of the rainy Shiloh events you took part in?:D

This appears to be from a later event than the one I have on VHS; it's from 1987, the 125th anniversary, which had been snowy and was freezing until the day of the battle on Sunday afternoon. Then it was sunny, cloudless, and very windy making flags stand out like they're starched and puffs of black powder smoke disappear instantly. I can be seen very briefly in a staged scene with Marty Brazil as General Grant.

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
This appears to be from a later event than the one I have on VHS; it's from 1987, the 125th anniversary, which had been snowy and was freezing until the day of the battle on Sunday afternoon. Then it was sunny, cloudless, and very windy making flags stand out like they're starched and puffs of black powder smoke disappear instantly. I can be seen very briefly in a staged scene with Marty Brazil as General Grant.
I've heard many stories of snowy Shiloh events. Maybe next spring I can get out there myself.

I had a feeling you may have been in this film!