Why is there so much false information concerning Brass framed Revolvers?

The Schneider and Glassick was in .36 caliber only. .44 caliber Confederate revolvers having a brass frame is not known to exist.
Ya that is why I asked what caliber it was . tried to do some research on the Schneider and Glassick but there is not very much information about them I did find that they were mase in Memphis, TN and were .36 cal
that is something else I cannot understand why the south only produced .36 cal.
it would have made more sense to me if they made them in .44 cal that way they could have used captured remington and colt revolvers with with projectiles supplied by the southern arsenals. It would still be interesting to know how many of the S&G revolvers were made.

It is estimated that about 50 Schneider and Glassick of Memphis, Tennessee revolvers were made. This low number is because of the early occupation of Memphis by the Union forces.
you must have posted that while I was writing my reply Thanks and disregard the last comment of my earlier reply. I guess the low production numbers is the reason the S&G revolvers are so overlooked.

The best reason that I can think of for the south producing .36 revolvers is that they were more popular in the south. I've never tested the theory but supposdly the .36 has better penetration than the .44. I think this is based on the navy colt versus the army colt. The Dragoon pistols carried a much larger powder charge and probably did out penetrate the navy .36.

The best reason that I can think of for the south producing .36 revolvers is that they were more popular in the south. I've never tested the theory but supposdly the .36 has better penetration than the .44. I think this is based on the navy colt versus the army colt. The Dragoon pistols carried a much larger powder charge and probably did out penetrate the navy .36.
that is very possible
I know for a fact that the .36" has a higher muzzle velocity and does produce more KE depending on the powder charge
so that is a possibility.

Back