Restricted Why is it wrong to move monuments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Whitworth

Sergeant
And why can't we take it down a little bit with the rhetoric?

Only the intellectually unenlightened could draw such an inference.

I'm beginning to think we should take down ALL monuments and statues in this country. All of them. From every war and time period. And take history out of school. .

"And why can't we take it down a little bit with the rhetoric?"

Wait for it....

"Only the intellectually unenlightened could draw such an inference."

"I'm beginning to think we should take down ALL monuments and statues in this country. All of them. From every war and time period. And take history out of school"

Thank you for taking down the rhetoric!

Lt.Drake

Corporal
I was merely pointing out that there is a difference between having a monument there to remind people of something bad that has happened, and allowing the bad thing to happen again. How the two can be compared is a conundrum to me. I've never seen a plaque or a piece of stone oppress or kill anyone, unless it falls on them.

That wasn't rhetoric I was using. I really am beginning to feel that forgetting history completely is the only way the people of this country will ever be happy. Too many patriots that have no idea why America is the way it is, or how we got here. How can someone call themselves a patriot, and know nothing about history, or worse yet, use parts of it out of context to justify what they want to believe? The topic of American History has become way too much like politics and religion these days. So for them...let them tear it all down. I will remember history. I will teach it to my children and they to their children. All the others? Let them have the misery of being orphans of history.

JerseyBart

Brigadier General
Forum Host
This thread was on life support last night when I posted a general warning. Now it has flatlined. Locked.
Posted as moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.