Who would you quarantine with?

Federal Major General Benjamin Franklin Butler
I was thinking the same thing but since the OP said "Civil War time period" I decided to go with his daughter Blanche from about 1866-67.
220px-Blanche_Butler_Ames.jpg

I received a Personal Message last night asking, "Why in the world would you pick Benjamin F. Butler?"

My response : (2 Reasons)

#1 - "Both of us are spoon collectors and we could trade with each other."

#2 - "I know for sure once the quarantine was over, I would exit the better looking man."

Butler was a rascal.....

Bill

And, if the septic and toilet systems broke down, you'd have an adequate supply of chamber pots. Move over Hanoi Jane.

RoadDog

Well. From the above, Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain), old Abe or anybody, who’s an “old soul” & has a decent sense of humor.
Coming across lots of votes for 'ol Samuel Clemens and so glad I chose his words of wisdom for my signature line :smoke: He was a smart guy, and an irreverent one, and you often can't get much smarter than that !

Last edited:
Well, I'm going for the party and choose three to work toward that goal. That would be George Custer and his good bud James Washington and William B. Cushing.

Maybe Gen. W.H.C. Whiting for liquor supply and to keep B. Bragg from crashing the party.

Oh, and Don't Forget the 'Cue.

RoadDog

If you could quarantine with one person from the Civil War time period, who would it be and why?

Abraham Lincoln, no contest. America's poet/president with limitless compassion, profound insight, and keen sense of humanity and history. What's not to like? Can also spin a good yarn. And rail thin, so wouldn't eat much. 🙂

Last edited:
Back