Who would you quarantine with?

I think it would interesting to be with a group like Lewis Armisted, Grant, Greene, Lee, Clara Barton, Phoebe Pember, (I have no ancestors in the Civil War), Julia Grant, Varina Davis, maybe Stephens (though he took a power of nursing - just saying @Polloco '), civilized types to play cards with, talk about various view points, see different facets of the whole unpleasantness, come to interesting conclusions.

The fiery types like Sherman, Hampton, Stuart, not so much! While very interesting, and fun, they need wide-open spaces!

The fiery types like Sherman, Hampton, Stuart, not so much! While very interesting, and fun, they need wide-open spaces!
Not enough social distancing from them? :smile:

My recently discovered Kentucky great-great grandfather - Napoleon Bonaparte Brooks - he served with John Morgan and the questions his “Yankee” great-great granddaughter could ask.

Upon further reflection, I wouldn't mind being quarantined with Richard Garnett. I find him a fascinating figure, and I'd like to ask him some questions. He was also apparently rather pleasant to be around.

On the "Absolutely No" list: Braxton Bragg. Could you imagine being quarantined with someone so cantankerous that they would pick a fight with themselves?

"My God, Mr. Bragg, you have quarreled with every officer in the army, and now you are quarreling with yourself."

I'm telling you, one of us would end up strangled. :angel:

might be a good time to appreciate the arts
Harvard_Theatre_Collection_-_Menken,_Mazeppa,_TCS_19.jpg

photo public domain, credit "TCS 19, Harvard Theatre Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University

Probably sit around with Grant smoking Cubans and a drink or two. Plus dont think he is overly outgoing, so we would get along.
Couldn't handle being stuck with someone real talkative, for some reason Pickett comes to mind. He'd get on my nerves pretty quick.

Back