Which side do you lean toward?

• Union

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Confederate

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
If that is your reason to side with one side or another, I personally have no problems with you stating the why, I did ask for that. You may have injected more into it than most but I also see another post from you saying you may have been too harsh. I've done that myself.....red ink usually follows me then! lol
The reason I created this topic was not to have a tic for tat, show me evidence type thread. I wanted a personal reason for selecting the choices. You, me, everyone has that personal reason and each and every reason is valid and I believe truthful. That's what I wished to see here from other members. Select your choice, post a reason and not be waiting to get tar and featured for it. There are many other threads you can wail away in to do that. I'm finding every comment very good and informative why they chose what they did.
I think a thread like this that we can speak or write freely can be a positive in finding out why we feel as we do. I wrote I detest slavery but I chose Confederate and gave a reason. I've seen just the opposite and to be frank.....I respect that post very much. I'm just tired of rehashing everything else in those other post, it's all there, go read them, they are not hard to find. But at least lay down the saber and just give your honest reason here without picking the saber back up and go to slashing.

Just want to say I appreciate this thread and I've enjoyed many of the responses so far. Not every thread needs to be a debate thread... opinions are extremely important since we are all personal and emotional beings. I also find it interesting to see all the different perspectives.

I suspect where one was raised plays a significant role in the emotional view of the Civil War and either side.

What has surprise me so far is that 8 has chosen " neither", that's interesting to me.

I was a "neither" -- my reason is as a Michigan native I have no allegiance to either side. Though my family is from the South - and I am happy the Union won - things before and after weren't the best for my ancestors. Free - they were -- but equal, welcomed and free of drama/racial terror -- NO. In both the North and South.

But, many thanks to the Union and The USCT (including my 2nd/3rd GGfathers -- father & son) who fought in the USCT during the CW.

What a lot of people today can't do is put themselves back in time 154 years. It's easy to say what you would do in 2017. I would wager my house, car, and boat that the final poll is an overwhelming vote for the union. Any takers?

Back