Which is the repro Lorenz?

Good question, Kevin. Obviously, somewhat convinced someone that the degree of interest today will be profitable. But I sure wonder at that price tag. Maybe Pedersoli is banking on a European market that we don't understand. I know when I toured the ArmiSport factory in Brescia, Italy in 2007, most of their effort was going toward the European market and American Civil War reenacting weapons were secondary. In fact, neither the owner, Mr. Chiappa, or his English-speaking wife who was our hostess for our private tour, had ever seen a Civil War reenactment.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

Craig L Barry

Sergeant Major
Pedersoli finally has their repro Lorenz listed in their catalog, but I have not seen one yet, but the images on line look pretty much spot-on. Rumor is it will be in the $1700 range (ouch) when they do make shipments over here. You would have to be a pretty big fan to part with more than the cost of an original in shooting condition.

I'm new here. My two cents on the original Lorenz rifle. In 9th grade in 1961, I was black powder-crazed. For Christmas, my father (he was not into guns AT ALL, but he sort of supported my interest) bought me a Lorenz for $25 at a local gun shop. It was bored out to about .58 caliber. I bought a basic Dixie Gun Works mold and eight pounds of DuPont FFG, delivered by mail, and shot that gun all through high school. I got slightly good with hitting things. It's on my wall now as I type this. And I've still got one pound of that powder left. BTW, Dixie charged $1.25 per pound and $1.30 per pound mailing costs. I thought Turner Kirkland was the greatest. I only learned that it's a Lorenz a year or so ago, thanks to the internet and Gunbroker. A lot of my high school memories are connected to that Lorenz. I haven't shot it in maybe 25 years. Maybe I should get it down off the wall....?

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)