Where is it Wednesday, Gettysburg?

MRB1863

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Identify the location of this photo:
Gettysburg.JPG

That tree just peeking out on the right has me befuddled. Pam cropped the photo to avoid an easy top of the photo clue giveaway. My first guess doesn't have a tree in that area. An area that has a lot of rocks like that is the Slaughter Pen. But Pam doesn't do many drive by photos, and that's too easy of a spot for her to get too. Behind the George Weikert Farm there are rocks kind of like that and that area better fits "A Pam photo". So that is my wild guess.

That tree just peeking out on the right has me befuddled. Pam cropped the photo to avoid an easy top of the photo clue giveaway. My first guess doesn't have a tree in that area. An area that has a lot of rocks like that is the Slaughter Pen. But Pam doesn't do many drive by photos, and that's too easy of a spot for her to get too. Behind the George Weikert Farm there are rocks kind of like that and that area better fits "A Pam photo". So that is my wild guess.
Good observation, but incorrect. (this is a @MRB1863 photo.)

Last edited:
One of our favorite

One of our favorite spots on the battlefield is Little Round Top. This area when we have been there is visited by few.

I hear you. I only stop on most visits on the "high visitor section " of LRT if there are few vehicles there. While the view is spectacular there, all the cars,buses and people just overwhelm me. If we stop, I park as Far East as I can (near Warren) and walk down Sykes avenue and walk out on LRT down the path to the 155th Pa. I crawl around that area maybe walking up to the 146th New York monument. That area is where this photo was taken correct?

Back