Where is it Wednesday, Gettysburg? 11/25/20

pamc153PA

Major
Forum Host
It’s time for the next Where is it Wednesday, Gettysburg? This week’s pic is especially for those of you who like a challenge! Good luck, and the correct answer will be revealed on Saturday. 🙂

6B03108A-46B4-485F-A31F-19AAB612B9C2.jpeg

To all who enjoy participating on a weekly basis in this usually interesting (and occasionally absurd) exercise, I offer my deep and sincere apology. In the words of Robert E. Lee, "This is all my fault."

My guess is that it is a blade of grass held in the hands of the photographer, wherever she is.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Okay, okay, I’m just pulling a Thanksgiving prank! This isn’t REALLY the pic for this week’s Where is it Wednesday, Gettysburg. Really, I appreciate that everyone here not only has a sense of humor, but also really puts what they know of the battlefield into solving this weekly puzzle. I also like that even folks who know they don’t know where a particular picture is from join in and give it a shot.

So here is the REAL pic for this week’s Where is it Wednesday. Good luck, everyone! Answer on Saturday.

0B86E8DE-5057-4E3E-AF87-BBB184E5074E.jpeg

I have to admit that I don't recall seeing this, but it reminds me of the remains of a char-coal fire pit or fire place of the kind that was once used by picnickers. Maybe in the area west of Spangler's Spring, not far from the comfort facility.
I hadn't thought of a possible post-war connection, though I have to admit it does look like one.
Lubliner.

Okay, the answer to this week’s REAL mystery photo is the Zephaniah Taney farm ruins. Congrats goes to @LoyaltyOfDogs!!

I‘m pretty certain that this little fireplace is NOT battle-era, but it is among the ruins of the Z. Taney house and barn. Thanks for being good sports about my “blade of grass” pic, and I promise next week’s pic will be pretty straightforward. 🤞

Pam

Back