Where is it Wednesday, Gettysburg? 11/24

pamc153PA

Major
Forum Host
Hi folks! Welcome to this week’s Where is it Wednesday. This week’s mystery pic is indeed a rock, somewhere on the field. There are a couple clues in the pic to help you figure it out. While you wait for your turkey to roast, see if you can locate where this battlefield rock is.

Good luck!

D5FCF5F1-4352-4D29-9141-65EADF016AF7.jpeg

There is a stone wall on the right, a stone wall or rock ledge in the left background. Woods to the right and open fields to the left. The famous Culp's Hill boulders are mostly in the woods. I don't think that anything like this is on Powers Hill. Would think that if it is around Big Round Top that someone would recognize it. This boulder looks to be very visible from afar, but I'm stumped.

Looking in the angle where the stone wall on the left "meets" the boulder, there is a patch of brown just above the wall. Is that part of a brick house in the background?

OK, from Pam's hint about the "hole-in-one", I'm going with somewhere over by the old Mulligan McDuffer's Mini-golf course. The only other golf course that I'm aware of was the now closed course on Day 1 fighting over which Archer's men fought. I think McDuffer's is a better bet.

Back