What's your favorite food?

Just wanted to try one so I'll know if mine turns out correctly.

I did locate some Caddo and other Louisianna parish festivals that make it.

Could also enjoy other Louisianna cuisine while visiting.

It's a long way to drive for a piece of bread! :roflmao:
Which is the reason you have to make it yourself. So you mess up your kitchen and waste a few bucks on ingredients you already have ... no biggy.

I'd try it myself, but Dear One doesn't eat bread much, and I can make a half-loaf last until it molds, it makes no sense to mess up the kitchen trying a bread recipe. I mess it up enough trying interesting posted recipes.

I'd try it myself, but Dear One doesn't eat bread much, and I can make a half-loaf last until it molds, it makes no sense to mess up the kitchen trying a bread recipe. I mess it up enough trying interesting posted recipes.

We're not talking about the White Man's "wonder bread" . . . which can be bought at any local grocery for about $2.89 per loaf.

No Sir.
We're talking delicacy !

Indian fry bread is a delicacy !!

There's no doubt in my mind Mrs. Ole (aka Dear One) would love it !

We're not talking about the White Man's "wonder bread" . . . which can be bought at any local grocery for about $2.89 per loaf.

No Sir.
We're talking delicacy !

You're making it pretty temptin', 7th. Will take it under consideration.:thumbsup:

No Sir.
We're talking delicacy !

Sorry, 7th. I don't eat much bread and Dear One ought not.

I buy half-loaves, 7th. And then throw away half of them. Make about two or three sandwiches per month.

a) Peanut butter and sweet pickles.
b) Grilled ham and cheese.
c) Fried egg and bacon on toast.

Not very inventive, is it?

Here's how it was in Fort Worth at Grandmother's. Fried cornbread,Pinto beans or Blackeyed peas,Fresh tomatos,Purple onion slice,and Very fried okra. Nothing was ever burned....it was just "A little too done". Rest in Peace,Grandmother.

Last edited:
Here's how it was in Fort Worth at Grandmother's. Fried cornbread,Pinto beans or Blackeyed peas,Fresh tomatos,Purple onion slice,and Very fried okra. Nothing was ever burned....it was just "A little too done". Rest in Peace,Grandmother.
You eat funny stuff down there, FZ11.

The holiday season will soon be here and I was wondering if anyone had a great stuffing recipe? My mother made a wonderful rice, onion and liver stuffing. I also enjoy a Cajun stuffing with shrimp and
Andouille sausage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, y'all are making me hungry with the venison recipes. I wish it were legal to sell what you hunt here, I don't know a hunter who likes me well enough to donate venison anymore and I no longer hunt myself. I would totally buy some venison if I could.

I had a friend who made the world's best venison in a crockpot. She dumped in a roasting cut, a cheap bottle of red wine, and a half gallon of milk. Left it several hours, it came out delicious.

I tried chicory once out of curiosity and think it tastes like dirt.

Okay, y'all are making me hungry with the venison recipes. I wish it were legal to sell what you hunt here, I don't know a hunter who likes me well enough to donate venison anymore and I no longer hunt myself. I would totally buy some venison if I could.

I had a friend who made the world's best venison in a crockpot. She dumped in a roasting cut, a cheap bottle of red wine, and a half gallon of milk. Left it several hours, it came out delicious.

I tried chicory once out of curiosity and think it tastes like dirt.
You do not take chicory by itself, it is used as an addition.

Oh man, favorite food. That's like being asked to pick your favorite kid.

If its breakfast, its gotta be an egg and cheese on an everything bagel. With a side of cancer causing bacon.

Lunch and dinner...thats tough, my wife makes a lot of good things.

Call me a heretic, but I've never enjoyed cheese with my eggs in virtually any iteration. Now ham and eggs, that's a whole different story...

Back