What Southern State Suffered the Least During the War?

Reconstructed Rebel

1st Lieutenant
Of all the southern states that joined their fortunes to the Confederacy, which one paid the least price during the war years? I've been trying to find the answer to this question online or in a CWT thread with no luck so far. The best I've come up with is this link, which had a few surprises for me:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/civil-war-casualties-by-state

Casualties, military or civilian, would not be the only criteria however. Damage to towns, cities, infrastructure, agricultural resources, trade, etc. are all valid considerations. Does anyone have some insight on this?

Of all the southern states that joined their fortunes to the Confederacy, which one paid the least price during the war years? I've been trying to find the answer to this question online or in a CWT thread with no luck so far. The best I've come up with is this link, which had a few surprises for me:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/civil-war-casualties-by-state

Casualties, military or civilian, would not be the only criteria however. Damage to towns, cities, infrastructure, agricultural resources, trade, etc. are all valid considerations. Does anyone have some insight on this?
Florida. no large campaign in it, only minor battles, low casualties

Vote Here:
The South received beef, mutton, wool, horses, leather, foodstuffs, and sugar from Texas. The fall of New Orleans and Vicksburg cut off the major pipelines to these supplies and I'm guessing had a terrible effect on Texas' economy. They exported goods primarily to other states - not world wide. But I'm on!y guessing at this and I can't find any data one way or another....

Vote Here:
Either FL or TX.
I'm leaning toward Florida at the moment. I read that it was Florida's interior that was most prized and protected by the Confederates because of the food supplies Florida contributed to The Cause. And I don't think The Union caused any serious damage to the interior. The Naval blockade didn't have much impact on the economy. (As best I can tell).

Florida seems the most likely place where you could be a Rebel and not suffer too many consequences as a result. The chart linked above says Florida only had 1000 casualties in the war (which seems low) and another source said the state only contributed 5000 men to be soldiers/sailors. Texas had three times as many casualties.

Vote Here:
Actually Alabama seems to have the least number of deaths.but are we talking about physical damage to the infrastructure of a state or to the soldiers it provided?
Is this data incorrect? Alabama 27,000 deaths?

Estimates for deaths in each of the Confederate states:

Taken from: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/civil-war-casualties-by-state

Vote Here:
Can you direct me to a better source for the numbers? Which one are you using? That website is what I get when I google----
I was going by the Civil War Book of Lists but I find some of it's numbers equally as puzzling. Perhaps I'm misreading them or something but I'm pretty sure Florida had more than 1,299 deaths by battle. Hopefully someone else will come along with some better numbers.

Vote Here:
According to the accompanying chart Florida does appear to have the least number of deaths and does beat Texas in that category.
So as far as disruption to the state's economies, which state, FL or TX, had the worst of it? Texas had their trade routes interrupted but Florida was able to sell their agricultural products freely to the Confederacy. Does the Civil War Book of Lists mention anything about that?

Vote Here:
Back