What NON- Civil War Books (Any genre) Are You Reading or Have Most Recently Read?

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
"I spent a little too much money" I know the feeling.
They receive excellent reviews at amazon, but I've had enough of WWII. Good reading.

Norm

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Featured Book Reviewer
I am reading How Democracies Die. It is by two Harvard political science professors who have studied the ways in which authoritarian regimes have replaced democratic ones from the 19th through the 21st centuries. Very good book.

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Featured Book Reviewer
I am reading God Save Texas by Lawrence Wright. I saw him speak at the Brooklyn Book Festival and I wanted to read what he had to say. I used to visit Texas moderately often and Have spent time in Houstan, Austin, San Antonio, and along the border with Mexico.

Hard to believe that something new can be said about the CC. Yet, almost all the reviews are excellent, and, as one reviewer put it, "This book takes a much different tack than other books about the constitutional convention, it follows a single issue such as proportional representation vs. equal representation in the legislature from beginning to end.", so maybe there is no final word on this crucial event.

If you can take the time, I will enjoy reading your final assessment of this book.