What is the difference between a Enfield rifle kit and an enfied rifle

GAvolunteer

Corporal
Ok so I'm need to purchase a 3 band Enfield the only Problem is that on the store dixie gun works there are 2 options Enfield rifle kit And. Enfield rifle. The rifle kit is cheaper. So what is the difference between the two

The kit you put together & finish yourself. The stock arrives in the raw, some barrels come in the white meaning they're not blued. It may require some minor fitting & sanding. I would suggest talking to them, it never hurts to ask the seller.

I'm not a big fan of Dixie from a minor negative experiance. I prefer dealing w/ Lodgewood, but only when I go to the store or find them at an event. Blockade Runner has the benefit of the excellent Todd Watts who does superb defarb work and from what I understand their service is excellent.

The kit is a compleate rifle, but you have to assemble it, some gunsmith skills are needed.. The wood has to be stained,the whole 9 yards.. The (kit) needs assembly.. The (rifle) comes ready to shoot.. I live close to Dixie gun works and know the fine folks upthere.. Very helpfull folks.. If you want a winter project, go for the kit, but if you want a fire-ready 3 bander, go for the rifle..

The old Euroarms (now discontinued) Enfield "Kit" comes fully assembled. All one has to do is to sand, stain and finish the stock and blue the barrel (if one want's a blued barrel.)

Now, IF you are someone that is handy with tools and have some knowledge about the way original Enfields were put together, you can take your time and end up with a gun that is 10 times better than the "Finished" Euroarms Enfield.

On the other hand, IF you don't have too much experience in the gun building area, especially muzzleloaders, just get a finished Enfield. I have seen too many "hand built"replicas put together by enthuastic but inexperienced buildiers that looked horrible.

By the way, the Euroarms Enfield comes with the 4th Model Barrel Bands which are incorrect. You will have to order a rear and middle 3rd Model Enfield Barrel Bands from Lodgewood.

Ok so I'm need to purchase a 3 band Enfield the only Problem is that on the store dixie gun works there are 2 options Enfield rifle kit And. Enfield rifle. The rifle kit is cheaper. So what is the difference between the two

GAvolunteer, no matter how much you beg me I am not going to offer to buy you a rifle. Nope, it ain't gonna happen. LMAO, private joke. I hope your reenacting is going well.

We overlook that GAvolunteer is a high-schooler with little access to tools and money. However, he does have a computer and can ask. Unless you or your dad has the tools and time, GA, save up for the finished gun. Hint, shards of window glass make marvellous scrapers.

Sorry Ole, I don't buy that logic. When I was 15 years old I had already bought my own repro musket by working every odd job in the neighborhood to EARN $$$$ on my own! At age 17, I bought my first metal turning lathe and learned how to operate it by trial and error. There wasn't any internet back in the 1960's! I think we have too much of a tendency to coddle kids today.

Jobe

Well ole you right, I live in a white coller town were less than a percent of people have a metal turning thing and my dad spent almost a decade in collage and knows nothing about tools and by the way I do work for my own $$$$$ by devoting my summer to cub scouts

When I was 13 years old, I stopped by "Uncle" Leo Warren's General Store in downtown Pulaski, GA and he had a brand new, in the box, Hi Standard, 22 Caliber Rimfire revolver for sale. If I recall correctly, it had a list price of $30.00.

I went home and dragged out my "Money Box." When I counted all my dollar bills plus the change-I only had about $20.00! DRAT !!!

My younger brother Karl, also had been saving money so I talked to him. He agreed to pitch in $10.00!!

So we went down to the General Store and plunked the money down on the counter.

Uncle Leo got the gun out from out of the counter and then asked me: "Are you sure this is all right with your Mother?"

Actually, neither Karl nor I had mentioned anything about buying a pistol to Mom, but I figured what the heck-" Go for Broke."

I said: "Mom said you should also throw in a FREE box of .22 Ammo!"

I almost fell over when Uncle Leo turned around, pulled a box of .22 Long Rifle cartridges off a shelf and put them down next to the pistol. Karl and I were out of the store in a heartbeat carrying our brand new Hi Standard, 9 shot "Treasure." Then went down out to a part of the farm about a mile out of town and burned up that entire box of ammo taking turns shooting the pistol.

Well, three months later we had sold some hawgs we had raised. Feeling "Flush With Cash" I talked Karl into throwing in some money and we ordered a brand new replica Zouave from a mail order house in California.

The local hardware store sold us some DuPont FFFg black powder (they kept black powder in stock because farmers fed it to their hawgs to worm them!) The hardware store also sold us a lead plumbers pot, ladle and a 25 pound of pure "Plumber's Lead." The store also ordered us a Lyman 575213 Minie Ball mould and some musket caps.

Anyway, a week later we were shooting the Zouave on an isolated section of the farm and having a heck of a good time when it went off accidentally!! Out in the field, a couple of hundred yards away. Karl pointed out to me a Hereford cow running in circles and then fall over!!!

When we got to the cow, it had already expired with a Minie Ball in the head!!!

So ended my first adventure with a Zouave!!! Cow Killer extraordinary!!

WHO ELSE ON THIS FORUM CAN BOAST OF ACCIDENTALLY KILLING A COW @200 YARDS WITH A ZOUAVE!!!

Huh?

Back then, in 1959, Georgia had some silly law on the books that you had to be 18 to carry a pistol but to my knowledge there were no federal gun laws back then preventing Uncle Leo from selling me that pistol.

The "Daid Cow" was a genuine accident but a local butcher got rid of the "evidence."

Them were the days, Southron. The biggest fear was that someone would tell your father.

Back