Forrest What did Forrest's friends and family call him?

Everything I’ve seen/read agrees with what you have said, guys. Bedford seems to have been most common.
We started calling him THAT GUY way before we had a separate forum, just as a joke. I believe the original use might have been as used by Abel Streight, in a takeoff of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid..”Who ARE those guys chasing us?”

His teacher called him Bedford

1608340360554.png

Everyone in my family always referred to him as uncle "Bedford". I've even heard "Ole' Bed" mentioned here and there.
Having studied the life of Nathan Bedford Forrest and meeting several of his decendants, Not direct decendent,s but still of relation to Forrest I would have to say there is a consensus on what he was called. It would undoubtedly be BEDFORD. When Forrest was a young man he was referred to as young Bedford. After the civil war he was referred to as old Bedford.

Having studied the life of Nathan Bedford Forrest and meeting several of his decendants, Not direct decendent,s but still of relation to Forrest I would have to say there is a consensus on what he was called. It would undoubtedly be BEDFORD. When Forrest was a young man he was referred to as young Bedford. After the civil war he was referred to as old Bedford.
I have found that to be true in all of my research. He's a big part of my novels and I want to get him right.

Back