What Civil War soldiers can teach us about how trauma is passed from generation to generation

Very interesting. Never imagined their war experiences could alter DNA, although have had an idea veterans' families could be affected in ways which reverberated through a few generations. Makes sense- they're still discovering negative impacts of stress, not all of them psychological.

This speaks somewhat to a theory I have always had about actual "memories" being passed down via genetics through generations. This is where instincts come from in the natural world really. I'm not talking about "past lives" but actual memories/experiences from ancestors being imprinted in our DNA.

I realize this may seem a bit out there to some of you but I really think about this from time to time. It may actually explain where our obsessive fascination comes with certain historical events. Something to think about and discuss.

This speaks somewhat to a theory I have always had about actual "memories" being passed down via genetics through generations. This is where instincts come from in the natural world really. I'm not talking about "past lives" but actual memories/experiences from ancestors being imprinted in our DNA.

I realize this may seem a bit out there to some of you but I really think about this from time to time. It may actually explain where our obsessive fascination comes with certain historical events. Something to think about and discuss.

Interesting. Yes, it's probably an out there theory but if there's one thing ( seriously, one, solid thing ) I've learned it's not to write off, dismiss, discount or scoff at possibilities. History is littered with 'impossible' phenomena- the round Earth, flying, our Eagles winning the Super Bowl.... :angel:.

Back