Forrest What are your thoughts on a biographic film of Nathan Bedford Forrest?

Fort Pillow was named in a Tom Selleck TV movie I've forgotten the name of. Took place in Arizona and featured the totally unbelievable idea that Forrest had sent all the way out there for the TS character to be his horse wrangler. Uh...okay...

There is a film, in the making, about Forrest. Below is the link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-rebel-born-nathan-bedford-forrest-feature-film#/
Per the above website the film makers have raised plus $ 1,400 dollars towards their goal of raising 50k.
How one produces a first class film for 50k is another question.
The author who is making the film uses the term "War between the States" which is is right but it denotes a pro Confederate view point.
If this film does well it might inspire a mainstream film maker to do a first rate film of NFB.
That would be quite a long shot in today's political climate.
Leftyhunter

Fort Pillow was named in a Tom Selleck TV movie I've forgotten the name of. Took place in Arizona and featured the totally unbelievable idea that Forrest had sent all the way out there for the TS character to be his horse wrangler. Uh...okay...

I think that was Last Stand at Saber River - I'd forgotten about that! He was trying to get the old homestead back from somebody...well, something like that...and mentioned he was a Confederate veteran who'd been at Ft Pillow.

PS

For directors, I'd vote for the Coen brothers.

I think that was Last Stand at Saber River - I'd forgotten about that! He was trying to get the old homestead back from somebody...well, something like that...and mentioned he was a Confederate veteran who'd been at Ft Pillow.

PS

For directors, I'd vote for the Coen brothers.
That was the title. "Fort Pillow wan't no battle! It was massacre!"

I sure do like Colin Farrell. He was good in The Beguiled. NBF would be a piece of cake for him!
A Coen Brother film would be amazing!

The Tom Selleck character in Last Stand at Saber River, was originally from Tenn. in the movie, and had moved to Arizona area/territory before the war. It is based on an Elmore Leonard western novel. It is a good story actually. As for the movie principal photography was to begin in Tennessee in 2015. Something happened to it along the way. It sounded to be interesting, but I think it had financial problems. The funding project closed after only raising around $1,475.

Last edited:
Back