What American Civil War Books Are You Planning On Buying/Reading Next?

R. Evans

Sergeant
Forgive me if there is a thread like this around. I did a search and couldn't find anything.:smile:

So here goes. These 3 should be here tomorrow or Saturday. Can't wait to dive in.​
One+Continuous+Fight.jpg
No-Better-Place-to-Die-9780252016523.jpg
9781596297456_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Next book was going to be Rip Ford'sTexas; Personal Narratives of the West by FORD, Salmon John.But this is his own Memoirs and from what I hear it's long winded. I'll find a shorter version. As much as I love a good read it's gotta be large print and a short book.

Vote Here:
Far as CW/WBTS books, I'll probably begin in chronological order; beginning with Pea Ridge by Shea first since it took place in March 7th-8th 1862. Then read The Darkest Days of the War: The Battles of Iuka and Corinth by Cozzens next since it took place in October 3rd-4th 1862. Finally; Fields of Blood: The Prairie Grove Campaign by Shea that took place in December 7th 1862. I can read Westerners in Gray: The Men and Missions of the Elite Fifth Missouri Infantry by Tucker anytime. I just recently ordered 4 of these books online so have to wait until they arrive in the mail.

Vote Here:
"The American Civil War Through British Eyes: Dispatches From British Diplomats, Vol. 2 (of 3): April 1862-February 1863"
by James J. Barnes and Patience P. Barnes.

Vote Here:
Ok...I bought more books! I bought and received a couple on Confederate General Micah Jenkins, bought and received: The South's Finest by Tucker, and 4 more books; Shiloh by Timothy Smith, Vicksburg by Ballard, The Last Full Measure: The Life and Death of the First Minnesota Volunteers by Moe, and Southern Invincibility: A History of the Confederate Heart by Wiley Sword.

Vote Here:
"The American Civil War Through British Eyes: Dispatches From British Diplomats, Vol. 3 (of 3):February 1863-December 1865"
by James J. Barnes and Patience P. Barnes.

Vote Here:
New book about General Phil Kearny coming out soon that I am looking forward to. Waiting anxiously for volume 2 of Scott Hartwig's book on Antietam.

Vote Here:
Back