What American Civil War Books Are You Planning On Buying/Reading Next?

R. Evans

Sergeant
Forgive me if there is a thread like this around. I did a search and couldn't find anything.:smile:

So here goes. These 3 should be here tomorrow or Saturday. Can't wait to dive in.​
One+Continuous+Fight.jpg
No-Better-Place-to-Die-9780252016523.jpg
9781596297456_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Vote Here:
Vote Here:
Planning on either reading Moxley Sorrel's Recollections or John Brown Gordon's Reminiscences. Working on an alt history work and unsure who I should have as a perspective character in the ANV (most of what i have working on is focused around the AoT).
I have a signed, first edition copy of Gordon's book. His book is rather interesting but you have to be very careful with Gordon, because he tends to exaggerate and distort the facts at times. But he is very entertaining. David.

Vote Here:
Started "A Civil War Captain and His Lady - Love and Courtship and Combat, from Fort Donelson through the Vicksburg Campaign" by Gene Barr. (Member of the 17th Ill. Regiment. )

Vote Here:
If you have an interest in Civil War photography and the role that the photographers played in the war, I am currently reading a very interesting book entitled "Silent Witness - The Civil War Through Photography and Its Photographers". This book is authored by Ron Field, whom some of you may know is the senior editor of Military Images magazine.

Vote Here:
Just bought a copy of David J. Eicher's The Civil War in Books: An Analytical Bibliography. Eicher and five other famous Civil War historians select the 1,100 most important books on the war. Over 400 pages of their selections for the Civil War maven who wants to build a library. The historians working with Eicher include James M. McPherson, Gary Gallagher, "Bud" Robertson, Mark Neely and Geoffrey Ward.

Vote Here:
Just bought a copy of David J. Eicher's The Civil War in Books: An Analytical Bibliography. Eicher and five other famous Civil War historians select the 1,100 most important books on the war. Over 400 pages of their selections for the Civil War maven who wants to build a library. The historians working with Eicher include James M. McPherson, Gary Gallagher, "Bud" Robertson, Mark Neely and Geoffrey Ward.
It would take me a while to get through 1100 books. Hopefully, they will prioritize their list so that I can start at the top and work down.

Norm

Vote Here:
Back