Western Theater : Especially Trans-Mississippi Battles.

Buckeye Bill

Captain
Forum Host
Annual Winner
Ladies and Gents,

I am just curious about members participation on this message board regarding the Western Campaign of the American Civil War, especially the Trans-Mississippi battles. I have posted a ton of threads since 2013 regarding this topic and to be quite honest, most members do not seem interested. I bumped the Battle of Hatchie's Bridge thread and the Battle of Baxter's Springs thread in the past two days. Both threads did not gain any traction, especially with newer members.

Question : Should I continue to post and bump threads involving the Western Campaign, especially the Trans-Mississippi battles?

My Goal : To get members interested in battles not named Gettysburg, Antietam, Fredericksburg or Manassas.

This is not a rant, it is just a curiosity thread. Honestly, it boggles my mind that members aren't more curious about the battles which do not receive a ton of notoriety.

Bill

Bill, Don't let a lack of enthusiasm dampen your efforts. The big name battles will always entice more interest. People are comfortable with names they have heard all their lives with bushels of info floating around. Most, myself guilty as charged, are inclined to talk about a familiar battle. The road less traveled is also important. Thanks for your posts and great photos.

Vote Here:
I think the other big battles back East have been done to death. But there are members who have studied these battles and know most of details of the battles. And at the same time don't mind displaying their "vast knowledge" whenever these battles pop up on this forum. I really don't know what to tell you about having threads on the TransMiss theater (personally I'm all for it). but there was a whole lot more to the Civil War that what happened in the Eastern Theater.

Last edited:
Vote Here:
Back