Restricted Debate West Virginia: The Rogue State

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

63rdOVI

Corporal
I have not read it.

That said, the author's contention that the process of the Restored Government of Virginia becoming the State of West Virginia was inherently unconstitutional goes against the Supreme Court's own decision in Virginia v. West Virginia, 78 U.S. (11 Wall.) 39 (1871). As with the legality of secession itself, there will always be questions of constitutional intent. Regardless, the process and the fact were/are a fait accompli.

Eric Wittenberg

2nd Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
It's a piece of garbage. I regret having spent money on it. The author had a very obvious agenda, didn't research the topic thoroughly, and was determined to ram his viewpoint down the throats of his readers.

My own treatment of these events will be going to the publisher shortly.

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
It's a piece of garbage. I regret having spent money on it. The author had a very obvious agenda, didn't research the topic thoroughly, and was determined to ram his viewpoint down the throats of his readers.

ANOTHER book of yours I will be COMPELLED to buy!

(Sigh!) ;0

Can't wait for it, Eric.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Viper21

Sergeant Major

Does your book at least acknowledge there was some dirty pool going on, or does it pretend everything was on the up & up in regards to West Virginia becoming a state..?

I would be interested in reading a fair, & balanced book on the subject.

Eric Wittenberg

2nd Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
Does your book at least acknowledge there was some dirty pool going on, or does it pretend everything was on the up & up in regards to West Virginia becoming a state..?

I would be interested in reading a fair, & balanced book on the subject.
It is absolutely a fair and balanced book on the subject. I go where the evidence leads me, not from preconceived notions.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!