We're Going Live - CWT Antietam Muster 2021

Our guide Steve Robertson from Maryland State Parks atop the Washington Monument with the beautiful clouds above. We decided this shot should be captioned, "And on the seventh day.... God created Maryland." Steve was a great sport! He liked this photo so much, he asked me to send it to him. Who knows? You may see it on the Maryland State Parks website one day. :biggrin:
View attachment 417054
I sent a few more pictures to our Maryland State Parks guide Steve Robertson last night and received this wonderful reply I wanted to share with the group:

"Thank you , Laura, and everyone who was here touring South Mountain. It was great spending time with people who are so interested in history. And, thanks for the great photos!"

A couple of nice shots @Gettmore sent to me. Thanks Steve for taking photos of everyone so we could concentrate on the battlefield. You're the BEST!

I just love this one of me and @NH Civil War Gal Steve took it at my request on the steps of the Doug Bast Boonsborough museum. We've been working closely together on the Zooms for over a year but I had never met her in person until this muster. So I really wanted a picture of us together. ❤️
20211013_164204.jpg

And @Gettmore knew that me and @bdtex work together as moderators; have been to three of the same musters before; and that we had zero pictures of the two of us before. He took this one at the cornfield where Hoods Texas brigade (at the time including my 18th Georgia) commanded by William T Wofford fought valiantly. Thanks for taking both of these great pictures Steve!
20211013_164000.jpg

Last edited:
And I also want to thank Clark for being my eyes down in Maryland, Laura for taking and posting such wonderful pictures because I was way too busy to post anything, and Richard @ucvrelics for guiding me behind the scenes on how to do this. None of this would have been possible with out Richard’s help guiding me on what to do next!
Thanks for the kind words and I wish I could have been there but Dad comes first. After getting a chance to look thru the thread at all the photos and post, Tina, You did on FANTASTIC job with the cards you were dealt. All I did was guide you along, give you the blue print and lessons learned from the planning I did for Vicksburg & Shiloh, You did the rest. Antietam is a hard one to do and y'all pulled it off.

People don't realize just what goes into planning one and the cost the planners incur in planning of these and you girl earned your badge. With you having to drive over 1100 miles round trip from the far reaches of yankeeland 2 times to plan this muster and know one died or got lost. Congrats Tina now go get some rest:sleep:

BTW, Next musters is Stones River/Franklin. Date: TBA

As an ice cream junkie I have to give Nutters a thumbs up! A cold beer is definitely on the agenda if I make next year.
After leaving the museum I headed back to Antietam to see one thing and wound up walking the field till 5:30. I think in this group that's not an uncommon experience.

Can you see the inside?
So far just as a Peeking Tom and looking in the windows. Not long ago the were Confederate uniforms inside, last time there they were gone. But I do have I real good shot at getting inside through a fellow I know. But if it does happen, I will take along someone with better photo talents than myself.

I realized I didn’t put in any pictures of Ferry Hill. James, Mike and I went there on Wednesday night. BEAUTIFUL setting. But this house needs upkeep. I’m not sure who is responsible for it anymore but they are going to lose it if they don’t get to fixing the infrastructure.

6672A5A6-5D68-45F4-80CF-56D922E1D695.jpeg
E3F81B35-69F8-4746-A32B-BDCC9B79450D.jpeg
E728F2E5-7F22-40B2-B5EA-332C46170D12.jpeg
879FBC35-63A0-45E7-A38D-DD0D0833BDAC.jpeg
F575CFD1-73B8-481F-AE3C-F940BF9AEC5A.jpeg
9C2033FC-B708-44CF-8E6C-F1CCB8F2BF5C.jpeg
CEE2978B-C58D-40EE-87A5-7C501A286CB3.jpeg
05B44C58-3538-4AE2-A12A-BC7F6E1D7F1E.jpeg
C526BA1C-57FF-4F72-9463-786A13FBB187.jpeg
70EFAE2B-EF58-4CE3-86B2-91AAFFD44CA7.jpeg

Is that James advertising his new book that he's holding?
THAT is one of the treasures I've carefully saved over the years (despite the unsightly crease on the cover) - my 1965-dated Second Printing of the Fawcett Premier Civil War Classic paperback edition. (Note especially the PRICE!)

Stonewall Books 005.jpg

By request of @infomanpa I am reposting the group picture from Benning's Bridge. :biggrin: Hopefully this time it will wind up at full resolution?
View attachment 418129
Please let me know if you are able to enlarge it this time?
I like the hi-res group pictures because I can zoom in and better see the faces. Unfortunately, it appears that this photo as well as some others have been resized to a lower resolution. When you click on most of your other pictures, a larger version is displayed, whereas nothing happens when you click on this one. You can try it and see for yourself. Also, when you try to save it, the word, "resized" appears in the title. Perhaps, you were using a different camera? Anyway, thanks for trying, Laura.

Back