We're Going Live - CWT Antietam Muster 2021

Some not so clear photos. Sunday morning dreary, and foggy headed to the museum. First one taken at 67 and Copperhead Trail. Then found a little better spot.

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

I really, really thought he was joking. Any Map hanging vertically always has the NORTH at the top. If they wanted you to "see" the orientation as you would view it, they would display it on a flat or slightly tilted tablet. It was also obvious to spot Bolivar Heights and School House Ridge by the contour lines.

But I have to come to his defense. It was confusing to have 3 or 4 maps with us---the NPS Park Map, map from Sears book, CW Trust maps and others.
@PBRegiment was only joking. 😉

@PBRegiment was only joking. 😉
I know. It was kind of funny. I can't help it. I can't follow what a guide is saying unless I ask those questions and get properly oriented in the field. Troops in the field have to do the same thing.

You sure you didn't take those after a couple of 🍻 beverages at Benders, cause I don't think thats the weather thats foggy in those pics.:rofl:
I have to stick up for @Stone in the wall on this one. I was in the car with him, and it was around 0830hrs., while we were on our way to the Boonsborough Museum. We DID go to Bender's, but they didn't open until Noon, sooooo....lol.

Last edited:
Friday morning, we headed off bright and early for Harper’s Ferry. The weather was beautiful and the town picturesque. View attachment 417951View attachment 417953View attachment 417952Following learning about the arsenals, armories, and John Brown’s Raid from James N., everyone went their separate ways to explore. Anna and I climbed the cut-in stairs to the church, where we had beautiful views of the town and the river. (Those stairs were killers though; I would not want to try them in the rain!)View attachment 417954View attachment 417955View attachment 417956Rather than descend the treacherous stairs, we opted for the chicken’s way out and took a side street on the same level as the church that led us back to the original street we were on. There we enjoyed some additional views!
View attachment 417958View attachment 417957View attachment 417960
Next, because Anna said she had never visited a wax museum, we went to the John Brown Wax Museum, which was really interesting. I only took one photo, but the statues were very well done.View attachment 417961
We had lunch at the Rabbit Hole and again enjoyed wonderful scenery, and food, and drink!View attachment 417962View attachment 417963View attachment 417964View attachment 417965
I know what you mean about the steps. I tripped on them on one visit and had to limp around for the rest of the visit.

Yeah. I know thats what MOST people call it. But in all fairness to then Col. Henry L. Benning and the 2nd and 20th Georgia.... one could argue that it should be named Benning's Bridge. At least from 9am to 1pm on Sept. 17, 1862. And since ONE could argue that.... well you know me. :biggrin:
I have EXACTLY the same feeling for what the NPS has the gall to call the Sherman Reservation - you know, the northern part of Missionary Ridge that was so stoutly defended by Pat Cleburne and his boys that Uncle Billy couldn't even get a lodgement there!

Back