We're Going Live - CWT Antietam Muster 2021

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
Recent Photo! Will Swap & Update Through Weekend!
1633866769199.png

We are live with you here from the CWT Antietam Muster 2021 at Pleasant Valley along the Confederate retreat from Cramptons Gap.
20211007_100222.jpg

First stop of the day on Thursday @bdtex on the right and @lelliott19 on the left.
20211007_095800.jpg

James N. holds court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been to Cramptons Gap three or four times but NEVER been inside any of the buildings. Here we are inside Gathland Hall. I fell in love with this weather vane that used to be on top of the Correspondents Arch.
20211007_103700.jpg

Love the symbolism of this....
The pen is mightier than the sword. With @SJU

Last edited:
We are now at Fox's Gap, South Mountain.

View attachment 416820
Awesome! My wife, dog, and I were there last Saturday afternoon, around the time my ancestors in the 50th Georgia would have been engaged by Cox's Division in and around the edge of the road out of frame to the left of the photographer by the large 17th Michigan. It is a shame the Wise field directly in front of yall and across the road have not been maintained as they were at the time of the battle.

Timothy Reese used to hang out there at the Gap, (in what is now the museum) one of the most knowledgeable individuals alive on South Mtn, his book "Sealed with Their Lives" is a must read. I believe Tim moved to PA, you didn't run into him by any chance?
I am learning about this battle as I watch the group. Here is a link on this battle by Tim Reese. Great overview.

https://antietam.aotw.org/exhibit.php?exhibit_id=421

Back