Pickett Welcome to the New George E Pickett Forum!

• Thread starter Deleted member 8452
  • Start date
Hello Everyone,

I welcome you to the George E Pickett forum, I am very happy to be hosting this forum and can not wait to see what people have to say about one of my favorite civil war generals, George Pickett, whether it be praiseworthy or critical.

I have always had an interest in General Pickett, he is one of my favorite civil war generals, and have always been intrigued in the ill fated charge that he is named after. I also learned I had four relatives that were under his command in Virginia Regiments.

I will be not only discussing the famous charge at Gettysburg, but other events about Pickett, including some background of him before the war, his first battles during the Peninsula Campaign, his controversies in North Carolina and Five Forks, and his personality

I hope you enjoy the forum and I can not wait to hear from you, and I hope y'all enjoy the new information I post up!

-Seth

View attachment 39428
I feel a lot of sorrow for his name associated with the charge, also. And am looking forward to hearing more here! Every time I look at his pewter statue in my bedroom, I actually mutter, ..."poor guy."

Any man that could wear his hair in ringlets, and get away with it in the Confederate Army has got to be one interesting fellow. Looking forward to this forum.
And Custer with his gaudy uniforms--his men calling him a "circus act" behind his back...

Back