Forrest Welcome to the Forrest Forum!

Happy 156 th anniversary of promotion to Brigadier General July 21 1862 near Mufressboro.

Attachments

• DSCN4947.JPG
    DSCN4947.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN4952.JPG
    DSCN4952.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 93
I'm back. :smile: My mind is clear as...mud! Not really--it took me two years to get over the over-medication the local doctor had me on; I also am now bored with retirement and ready to rock! Because our wonderful, able Host, 7th Mississippi, retired from hosting, I got the feeling I started this thing and want to ensure it continues on the same road it was intended to follow. Scholarly, spirited but polite discussion, any new discoveries related to Forrest, his family and his men, and a good place for pertinent questions. We will definitely follow the rules of the forum. I run a tight ship--you might want to read the rules before you post something inflammatory. Welcome to our forum (I still have my faithful original hosts around here-- @diane, @7th Mississippi, and @Dixie Rifles...otherwise I might not have taken this back on!).

:dance: Very pleased indeed! I can relate to screwed up medicines, that's for sure - egad... Well, we may not be as good as we once were, but we're as good once as we ever were! :laugh:

View attachment 318561

:wavespin: My word! Is this one of yours? Anyone we know in this one? :frantic: Were they there for the Jack Daniels? :smile coffee:

:wavespin: My word! Is this one of yours? Anyone we know in this one? :frantic: Were they there for the Jack Daniels? :smile coffee:

That's quite a crew Forrest picked out, isn't it? :biggrin: Somewhere around here we have a really good discussion of who these men were and...I wouldn't doubt they ditched the lady holding the banner and got into the Jack Daniels!

I'm back. :smile:
:smile:

Good news indeed!

Forrest is a fascination of mine, so I'm glad there's an 'old' hand on deck ready to steady the ship in what are normally very choppy waters. @7th Mississippi Infantry did a wonderful job of keeping things in order and it's good to know he hasn't gone too far.

All in all, Forrest is in some of the best hands we have on the site. Glad you stepped up to do the job @Nathanb1 .

Aw, shucks.
:smile:

Good news indeed!

Forrest is a fascination of mine, so I'm glad there's an 'old' hand on deck ready to steady the ship in what are normally very choppy waters. @7th Mississippi Infantry did a wonderful job of keeping things in order and it's good to know he hasn't gone too far.

All in all, Forrest is in some of the best hands we have on the site. Glad you stepped up to do the job @Nathanb1 .

That's quite a crew Forrest picked out, isn't it? :biggrin: Somewhere around here we have a really good discussion of who these men were and...I wouldn't doubt they ditched the lady holding the banner and got into the Jack Daniels!
She probably brought the Jack. Quite the senior citizens bunch we have here and I'm not talking about the picture!

I'm back. :smile: My mind is clear as...mud! Not really--it took me two years to get over the over-medication the local doctor had me on; I also am now bored with retirement and ready to rock! Because our wonderful, able Host, 7th Mississippi, retired from hosting, I got the feeling I started this thing and want to ensure it continues on the same road it was intended to follow. Scholarly, spirited but polite discussion, any new discoveries related to Forrest, his family and his men, and a good place for pertinent questions. We will definitely follow the rules of the forum. I run a tight ship--you might want to read the rules before you post something inflammatory. Welcome to our forum (I still have my faithful original hosts around here-- @diane, @7th Mississippi, and @Dixie Rifles...otherwise I might not have taken this back on!).
Thanks Nate !

I'm so glad you're back hosting the Forrest forum.
And yep, the rest of us old original hosts will always help you.

:thumbsup:

Back