Forrest Welcome to the Forrest Forum!

guns-west.jpg

Nother one
Guns of the West : John P Strain

I look forward to this forum. Congratulations, all.
Thanks Mike !

We're going to do our best to have a forum that accurately portrays the man.

As Nate said, this forum is not going to be a "shrine to Forrest" nor will it be a place to "dump garbage" on him.

Thanks to Mike K for allowing a Forrest forum.

I too look forward to many interesting discussions on one of the most controversial figures of the War.

Last edited:
Surprise! This is a four-host effort by myself, diane, Dixie Rifles (our Ft. Pillow house expert) and 7th Mississippi Infantry. Please enjoy the plethora of Forrest threads already available and feel free to start new ones. Since I've been on the forum, many have remarked that he's one of the most frequent topics (good and bad)....thus the nickname "That Guy"!

We encourage you to read what's already in existence and to add to the research and commentary on a very controversial figure. As always, this forum is closely monitored and rules of CivilWarTalk apply most stringently.

Have fun!

SO!

You finally got your way, didn't you, Nathanb1, and got "that guy" a forum all to himself.

Figures. :wink:

Hope you have a lot of fun telling his story.

I think you should post the pics from when the gang when to Forrest's boyhood home when we honored Larry. Be a great contribution to the forum, in my humble opinion.

Sincerely,
Unionblue aka the one Yank who visited "That Guy's" boyhood home and lived to tell the tale! :smile:

Last edited:
Everything is said but not yet by everyone. Therefore: congrats from me also!
And Nathan, thank you so much that in you first post you explained why everybody here calls him "that guy"! At first I didn't even know who was meant! And later I have often wondered but didn't dare to ask because I thought it might be a running gag which only I do not understand.
Now I finally know and I'm looking forward to learn more about "that guy". Indeed I didn't know anything about him before I joined here - which meanwhile I find incredible.

SO!

You finally got your way, didn't you, Nathanb1, and got "that guy" a forum all to himself.

Figures. :wink:

Hope you have a lot of fun telling his story.

I think you should post the pics from when the gang when to Forrest's boyhood home when we honored Larry. Be a great contribution to the forum, in my humble opinion.

Sincerely,
Unionblue aka the one Yank who visited "That Guy's" boyhood home and lived to tell the tale! :smile:

Great minds think alike. :smile: Hey, Ole visited, too. He just didn't pose with the tshirt!

I'm planning to buy Hurst's new book soon, glad to hear it's a good read so far.
Please let us know your thoughts when you you've finished it.
In the he covers Forrest attack on Murfeesboro In july 1862 and it goes into really great detail and the narrative is exceptional, couldn't put it down.he really tell about the relationship between Grant and Sherman which is quite informative.the book gets better with each page I read.in oneday iam half way thru with the book.

In the he covers Forrest attack on Murfeesboro In july 1862 and it goes into really great detail and the narrative is exceptional, couldn't put it down.he really tell about the relationship between Grant and Sherman which is quite informative.the book gets better with each page I read.in oneday iam half way thru with the book.

Thanks for the review! I've been on the fence about it. Now I think I'll get it!

Back