Welcome to Soldier's Tales

Wow!! What a great thing. I hope you share the diary here or let us know how to access it.

If your guy served in the Missouri Brigade, or under General Bowen or Colonel Cockrell during the Vicksburg siege, there is a thread for them in the regimental histories. I, along with @MOBDEnut, @AUG, and others would be most interested!!

Congrats!!!
Thank you for your interest and the info about the Missouri brigade. If I remember correctly, I believe he served under Cockerell. It has been a number of years since I did that work. I have a file that I will have to check

I am new to the CWT forum and just noticed this sub-forum. I look forward to reading many of these stories. I may have one to contribute myself. It involves the diary of a Confederate soldier from a Missouri southern regiment who was captured and paroled after the Siege of Vicksburg. The diary fell into the hands of my grandfather when he was a young newspaper editor and he transcribed the handwritten diary and the transcription came into my hands from my mother after she passed who had gotten it from her father. At the time I received it, there was no name on the transcript as to who was this soldier. I was able to find out who he was. I kept a copy of the transcript and mailed it to a contact who placed it into the archives in the State of Missouri.
Welcome! As @alan polk said, I'm also interested in seeing it.

I also have a thread here in Soldier's Tales on accounts from Missouri Brigade at the battle of Franklin:
https://civilwartalk.com/threads/scaling-the-works-at-franklin.148207/

What was his name and regiment, and did he continue to serve after Vicksburg, on to Franklin?

Back