"We Were Now Complete Masters of the Field": Wright's Brigade, July 2nd, 1863

@rpkennedy This is great! I plan to read all of this over very carefully. Best of luck in your LBG efforts. I only wish I could qualify for that job!

John

I apologize for taking so long to respond. I went back through my notes but I did not cite the source in my notes so I went back and started scanning through my sources. I found multiple accounts of Lt. Colonel Huston being shot in the leg and then in the head but not in the way that I wrote it up (that he was being carried off when he was struck again). I know that I read it in the way that I wrote it and there are a few sources that I have stored away. When I have some time, I'll have to go through my stored books and see if I can't find it so that I can pass on the source. Again, my apologies.

Ryan

@rpkennedy This is great! I plan to read all of this over very carefully. Best of luck in your LBG efforts. I only wish I could qualify for that job!

John

I passed the tests twice but could not advance past the next round. So now I console myself with researching and occasionally boring members of my family with what I've found when we go to Gettysburg.

Ryan

@rpkennedy Can you try again? I have heard it is exceedingly hard to get that job. I enjoyed you account of Wright's Brigade above very much and appreciate your going to the trouble to post it! You sure wouldn't note me.

John

Back