WBtS Game Archives

This Question must be answered by 6am Thursday.

Well, as you may have noticed, I wasn't able to post on this board before now. We seem to be having alot of trouble getting things started. Hopefully today's question will get us back on the right foot.

Making a few changes to our trivia format, starting with this question we will use the old Subject naming convention, which contains the date that the question is asked on. Also, because I've run so late you get till Thursday to answer today's question. There will be a question tomorrow as well! Don't forget. If all goes well, it should be posted around 6:30am EDT

Here is your question:

What four notorious outlaws were members of William Quantrill's gang of Confederate guerrillas?

Here are the scores after yesterday's question:

5 SgtAbj
4 BelleTraveler
3 RaggedRebel
3 Crowbar
2 ConnYankee
1 Gwagner

Wish me luck, talk to you all tomorrow!

Not sure which four you are going for here...If you want them as a group, it would be the Younger Brothers....Cole, James(Jim), John and Robert....

If you want the four Most Notorious it would be Frank and Jesse James and Cole and Jim Younger....

(and then there is always Bloody Bill Anderson waiting in the wings....)

Trying to cover all bases here as I am a little confused as to what you are specifically looking for... +=0)

Ah, finally, a morning where nothing went wrong! My cable modem works and everything! Here is your question for today:

When General William Bate was wounded at Shiloh, doctors insisted on amputating his left leg. How did Bate respond?

You have till tomorrow morning to answer this question. Yesterday's question is still open, both questions will be scored at the same time tomorrow.

Good Luck!

>>Bate: Forbade the operation, holding the Doctors at Bay, Holding two (2) pistols.<<

He responded by holding off the surgeons with a pistol and having himself removed to the home of a relative in Huntsville, Ala. where he rested and waited till the wound healed.

RaggedRebel

He pulled a pistol and held off the surgeons...Then had himself taken to a relative's home to recover....(which he did)

Okay, moving along now.... Here is today's question:

What gift did Zachariah Deas give to his regiment, the 22nd Alabama?

You have till tomorrow morning to answer this question. Here are the scores after the last two questions:

7 SgtAbj
6 BelleTraveler
5 RaggedRebel
5 Crowbar
2 ConnYankee
2 Gwagner

Cast your vote! Should we keep the old system, where if you fall 5 or more points behind, questions are then worth double points value?

I'm not sure if I like that system or not, so please let me know what you'd like to see...

Mike, CWT

He bought $28,000, Worth of Enfield Rifles out of his own pocket.

General Deas spent $28,000 of his own money to furnish the 22nd Ala. with Enfield rifles...

I think everyone should receive only the points assigned to each question...No bonus points for being behind... +=0)

He equipped them with fine Enfield rifles at his own expense. It cost him approximately $28,000. (and that is in 1860's dollars!)

RaggedRebel

I don't think you should double up on points, Mike. But, with all due respect, I think the Q's should be put up in a timely manner so players don't have to search at all hours of the day to find them. As you know, that situation cost me 2 points early in this game.

RR

Back