Watercolors

Bob171

Sergeant
Annual Winner
Hello Group,

I am a novice painter who is interested in exploring military themes through paining. The American Civil War is a subject that holds great interest with me and I would like so share some of my work with this group. All feedback and suggestions are welcome.

The following subject came from a Union camp photo.

Bob

ACWCampSoldier_zps9d640644.jpg

20yr75CL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to stop this. The society I am in, The Company of Military Historians, abounds in authors but there are always a shortage of artists for their articles. If you are not careful some one will get you to provide the art work. It is good fun to get published, but the pay is poor. OK there is no pay what so ever.

Major Bill
Company of Military Historians
46th M P Company, 144th M P Company, 146th M P Battalion, 210th M P Battalion, 177th M P Brigade.

You need to stop this. The society I am in, The Company of Military Historians, abounds in authors but there are always a shortage of artists for their articles. If you are not careful some one will get you to provide the art work. It is good fun to get published, but the pay is poor. OK there is no pay what so ever.

Thanks for the heads up Major Bill! Needless to say I am not planning on leaving my day job. I only do this for the fun of it. It's a cheap hobby and educational too.

Bob

Great artwork. I'm just learning to use watercolor on our maps- not nearly as easy as I remembered from when I was a kid. Greetings from the US Engineers in Western NY

Back