Watercolors

A sketch of a reclining confederate.

ReclyingConfederate_zps3b2053d7.jpg

Thanks to all for showing your work. Without quoting numerous posts, I place my replies. Surely those who have posted the similar will pick themselves out. You all have represented several appealing techniques applied here. I've been working in acrylic for many years. Usually start with a wet-on-wet for backgrounds then work forward with opaque. Work from tube color almost always. Rely heavily on Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine. Personal preference is to usually paint realistic detail versus impressionistic.

Bob171: like your spontaneous quick sketch, relaxed approach

Jay: like your use of color and transparent watercolors to present this picturesque, calm depiction to a scene that was mayhem.

Kealbo54: you have mastered drawing! Love the use of your traditional watercolor technique. I believe you present what watercolors were designed to do.

Thank you for reading MHO's and displaying your talents.

Have done some CW art. Here's a non CW piece I've painted (not a great photo of it):
51 chevy pickup.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Photos don't always do a great job but you painting of the red pickup is wonderful. You not only captured the mood but a wealth of detail. Nice job and thanks for sharing (as well for your feedback).

Thanks to all for showing your work. Without quoting numerous posts, I place my replies. Surely those who have posted the similar will pick themselves out. You all have represented several appealing techniques applied here. I've been working in acrylic for many years. Usually start with a wet-on-wet for backgrounds then work forward with opaque. Work from tube color almost always. Rely heavily on Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine. Personal preference is to usually paint realistic detail versus impressionistic.

Bob171: like your spontaneous quick sketch, relaxed approach

Jay: like your use of color and transparent watercolors to present this picturesque, calm depiction to a scene that was mayhem.

Kealbo54: you have mastered drawing! Love the use of your traditional watercolor technique. I believe you present what watercolors were designed to do.

Thank you for reading MHO's and displaying your talents.

Have done some CW art. Here's a non CW piece I've painted (not a great photo of it):
View attachment 57268
Thanks for viewing.

Nice painting, did you use another media for that? looks almost like acrylics.

And did you submit to the photo contest yet? I'm gonna nag you until you do :stomp:

Back