Washington Navy Yard, D.C. Michael O'Laughlin, a conspirator, manacled

Zuzah

Sergeant Major
Another one for the Monitor

If you really wanna get up-close with O'Laughlin, here's a 5600x7000 version, for those that like that sort of thing - https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1646/25480193724_19c0f65a82_o.jpg

25480193724_b9a2b9e4f9_k.jpg

That's really almost shocking, Zuzah, thank you. Seeing one of them so clearly, I mean. Those people's lives after capture were one, long execution. I think these photographs were one of the only times they were allowed out of those bizarre hoods or masks they were forced to wear, weren't they? It sounds crazy to feel sorry for a bunch of thugs who helped murder someone so brutally; just the brief account in Leech's book did. I guess the 2 actual brutalizers would be the exceptions- stabbing an older man in a sick bed and shooting someone from behind being acts of extreme cowards.

That's really almost shocking, Zuzah, thank you. Seeing one of them so clearly, I mean. Those people's lives after capture were one, long execution. I think these photographs were one of the only times they were allowed out of those bizarre hoods or masks they were forced to wear, weren't they? It sounds crazy to feel sorry for a bunch of thugs who helped murder someone so brutally; just the brief account in Leech's book did. I guess the 2 actual brutalizers would be the exceptions- stabbing an older man in a sick bed and shooting someone from behind being acts of extreme cowards.
I didn't read much about them, to be quite frank, I have no idea about their stay on whatever Monitor they were on, or their prison time, but it definitely doesn't sound like they enjoyed themselves.

But again, stabbing a sick old man in bed, beating his son, and shooting an unarmed man in the back of the head, they kind of had it coming.

The hair.. Pomade or not showering? I'm assuming not showering. I wonder how long the average person went between showers/baths. Anyway, gorgeous work.

Back