Restricted Debate Was the civil war constitutional

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

O' Be Joyful

Sergeant Major
Use-ta be: Zinn-zä-nätti o-HI-o The BIG city.

leftyhunter

Colonel
See your own posts. Bates's worthless scribblings are not law of any kind.
I never stated that the opinion of the US Attorney General is law. However courts generally give deference to the opinion of a state or federal Attorney General. Taney did state an opinion in Ex Parte Merrymen but that opinion is not enough to proscribe the power of the President to suspend habeus corpus.
Leftyhunter

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Again, does your computer have a search engine? Or don't you know how to use it?
The procedure in a debate is that aperson providing the quote is to provide the source of said quote.

In other words, I'm not doing your homework for you.

You either know who said the quote and are simply not listing the name out of error or speed or you don't know who said the quote and cannot provide who said it.

Be a mench and provide your source.

Kelly

Corporal
As Host.
I will now advise members of this honorable forum of the right not to respond to messages that add nothing to this thread.
That is the long form of Don't feed the troll.
Thanks for your attention.

Thank you! Feeding trolls just encourages them!

Kelly

Corporal
The procedure in a debate is that aperson providing the quote is to provide the source of said quote.

In other words, I'm not doing your homework for you.

You either know who said the quote and are simply not listing the name out of error or speed or you don't know who said the quote and cannot provide who said it.

Be a mench and provide your source.

And I am certainly not doing your homework for you. If you are unfamiliar with the topics being discussed and would like me to recommend some reading material, please just ask. I'll be happy to help. Be a mench and admit when you need help. There's no shame in it.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!