Murfreesboro Was Stones River Rosecrans's Greatest Victory?

I am very proud of him, my mom took care of him the last several years of his life. She loved him a lot. She was 13 when he died. She used to talk a lot about him. I never forgot the stories. She will be 95 this year. A WWII Wac. She is a lifetime member of the Ladies Aux. of the GAR, what ever it is called.

Tullahoma for reasons already brought up but also because of things outside of his control like dealing with Mother Nature and the rampent insubordination of Braggs generals. Braggs derelict horsemen blundered while his own were having a coming-of-age moment.
Most things lined up for him there.

Though taking the rail and waterway of Chattanooga was a huge victory no matter how ugly.

I personally think Rosecrans was to be replaced as soon as public opinion would allow.

I am very proud of him, my mom took care of him the last several years of his life. She loved him a lot. She was 13 when he died. She used to talk a lot about him. I never forgot the stories. She will be 95 this year. A WWII Wac. She is a lifetime member of the Ladies Aux. of the GAR, what ever it is called.
Where is he buried? If you have any letters or diaries you should get them transcribed. As for your mother you should commemorate her in the both the WW II Memorial and the Women in Military Service for America Memorial.

He is buried in a little town cemetery near Kenney, Ill. He was originally from Xenia, Ohio. He also belonged to the local GAR chapter. My mom belongs to the Women in Military Service for America Memorial group.

Back