SIM Game War of Rights video game

I would recommend the John Tiller Software games. Made by the same game maker that made the Talonsoft games in the 90's. It is a hexed based game. I like it because it gives me at least a small view into what it was like to move troops, the logistics involved, and fog of war. It is also alot of fun to join a game club and play other human players. I would recommend Wargaming Society or ACWGC.

Boy, graphics have come a long way since Robert E. Lee, Civil War General which was the last Civil War based game I played back in the nineties! I like strategy based war games but I don't get the time to play them like I used to.
I sure wasn't around back in the 90s but games really have improved graphics wise from what I've seen.

Hi guys :smile: nice tips on the Civil War games, thanks. I'll have to check some of them out, there's still a lot i have missed :smile:

if anyone want to try my new big update for Battle of Vicksburg on Android, i just completed (phew), here are some free download codes for the Play Store (link on my profile)...

SUNZ9BM5ANX1GVE5B13BW9Z
F51R1RASDC2S9LQBEG6VMXR
33CU0GPDZ1N5U505714WV2K
U1G8PGP5HXKC0H6E60NL0D7
ZWGD1BUJ38GLZA7ANKFYYLW
Q54KQTET5ZNCKSM5YT70G0F

Simply go to PlayStore settings, click "redeem", and post a code :smile:
It runs best on newer phones (3GB+)

I hope you like it :smile:

I would like to give this game a go, but only use my pc for the internet and work so it not set up for high end graphics, hopefully it makes its way to consoles.

I've been donating and playing WoR since April 2016. Keep in mind, when getting started, you could always log into one of the camp servers. Getting hooked up with a company and beginning to do field manual training, like Hardee's (marching, firearm movement, etc...) can be pretty fun and interesting, especially if you're not familiar with the field manuals used during the period. Doing this sort of activity would give you a chance of determining how your system will run with other players around, multiple rifles firing around you, sound, video, etc.

I'm dating myself again, but who cares? LOL My favorite computer games were by an Australian company, Strategic Studies Group (SSG), I spent hours on both the C-64 and Commodore Amiga versions of Decisive Battles of the American Civil War Volume 1: Bull Run to Chancellorsville, Decisive Battles of the American Civil War, Volume 2: Gaines Mill to Chattanooga, and Decisive Battles of the American Civil War, Volume 3: Wilderness to Nashville.

I think they're still available as "abandon ware." Lots of great memories...
Back in the amiga days I spent many a hr captaining a seawolf submarine in red storm rising :D

Back