ENDED Wanted: For Fatigue Purposes

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billw12280

Sergeant
Hello all,

I'm hoping somebody here can help me out. I have been searching, with no success, for Patrick Brown's book For Fatigue Purposes: The Army Sack Coat from 1857-1872. Does anybody have a copy they would sell or know where I can find this book?

You might try Amazon or another of the book search websites. You might want to be seated when you search as OP (Out of Print) books usually are very pricey. I recall I search for that book about a year ago and the price was well over $100, for a copy. Good luck!!

Thank for the links @Tin cup, they're very informative.

Thanks for the recommendation @David G St John. I have scoured the internet with no success. I remember the first shock I received for an OOP book. It was Campaign Clothing: Field Uniforms of the Indian War Army 1872-1876. Everywhere I looked it was going for in the area of $200-$300. I found the book for $38 on Amazon and immediately purchased it. I was amazed when I got the book, it was a small 80 page paperback book! I have purchased several other OOP books but they have been very useful in preventing me from making costly mistakes.

I am trying to put together a fatigue uniform display and I wanted to buy this book before I invest in a sack coat since they are so costly.

Thank for the links @Tin cup, they're very informative.

Thanks for the recommendation @David G St John. I have scoured the internet with no success. I remember the first shock I received for an OOP book. It was Campaign Clothing: Field Uniforms of the Indian War Army 1872-1876. Everywhere I looked it was going for in the area of $200-$300. I found the book for $38 on Amazon and immediately purchased it. I was amazed when I got the book, it was a small 80 page paperback book! I have purchased several other OOP books but they have been very useful in preventing me from making costly mistakes.

I am trying to put together a fatigue uniform display and I wanted to buy this book before I invest in a sack coat since they are so costly.
Wow, I have not seen it published in THAT form! mine is the size of a magazine, soft bound, around 138 pages!

Kevin Dally

Wow, I have not seen it published in THAT form! mine is the size of a magazine, soft bound, around 138 pages!

Kevin Dally

Kevin Dally
Sorry for the confusion. That size and price was for the Campaign Clothing book I found. I wish I found For Fatigue Purposes for $38, I'd even be happy with a $100 copy. Unfortunately it is still eluding me.:cry:

153651655184499187033138269173.jpg

Sorry for the confusion. That size and price was for the Campaign Clothing book I found. I wish I found For Fatigue Purposes for $38, I'd even be happy with a $100 copy. Unfortunately it is still eluding me.:cry:

Understood!

Kevin Dally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back