Wal-Mart and Spotsylvania

bankerpapaw

Captain
I heard on the radio tonight that Wal-Mart intends to build a Mega Supercenter somewhere around the
Spotsylvania or Fredrickburg area. It has a lot of
historians upset. I ain't to happy about it either.
Your comments?

If the store is located on what is determined to be part of the actual battlefield, then I would be definitely opposed. A store near the battlefield wouldn't be particularly desirable either, at least for me, but I guess I'd have to tolerate it.

There was a thing a few years ago about, was it Disney, or somebody wanting to build a theme park near the Manassas, VA battlefields. I believe that they were stopped by public and private opposition because of their proposed proximity to the battlefields, and traffic, congestion, secondary retail shops etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lee

Anybody ever wonder why you visit this board? Much of your reasoning is that you don't know anyone else who shares your passion. And there are some more than 1700 of us scattered across the globe.

If Wally World wants to build a super-center there is only one way to stop it. Buy the property and give it to the NPS. If each of us was to pony up about $1,000,000, we could get into a bidding war with the Waltons.

As Mike and ami have to grub for $300 once per year, that ain't gonna happen.

Which reminds me ....... have y'all made your contribution?

Back