Longstreet Wait Til You See The Shrine, I’m Gonna Build!

@unionblue , the High Priest of the Shrine to Sherman, can probably give you a few pointers on putting your shrine together. Looks like you've got a good start. :smile:

Does a Sherman shrine include a Bic lighter? :smile:

Sorry, I couldn't help it..................

Respectfully,
William
Bic Lighter.jpg

Lol, of all the CW artwork, that’s the one piece that truly speaks to me. I had to have it. BTW, your avatar has always been my favorite. Another print I would own, if the budget allowed. :smile:

I had the amazing good fortune to be given my avatar by a friend...who picked it up for ten bucks at a thrift store! There were some other CW paintings there, said my friend, but they were specific Mississippi regiments and battles involving them. I suppose some CW buff whose ancestors were in the Mississippi regiment retired up here and passed away. I also got some great books - think it might have come from the same person.

If I tried to hang one of those paintings in my house, there would be words! My husband tolerates my addiction to the Civil War as long as he doesn't have to be involved. My library is tucked into a bookcase on my side of our bedroom, which he does mind, but he was raising eyebrows at the Confederate and Union flags I stuck up over the picture we had taken many years ago of us in period costume.
That picture was taken at one of those old-fashioned photography studios, at of all places, a beach community on Prince Edward Island, when the addiction was a but a mild interest.:help:
He sure does look handsome in his Yankee uniform!:D

If I tried to hang one of those paintings in my house, there would be words! My husband tolerates my addiction to the Civil War as long as he doesn't have to be involved. My library is tucked into a bookcase on my side of our bedroom, which he does mind, but he was raising eyebrows at the Confederate and Union flags I stuck up over the picture we had taken many years ago of us in period costume.
That picture was taken at one of those old-fashioned photography studios, at of all places, a beach community on Prince Edward Island, when the addiction was a but a mild interest.:help:
He sure does look handsome in his Yankee uniform!:D
Yankee? I completely understand. Trust me

Yall are hysterical!!! :bounce::D:bounce::D with your shrines...paintings, firearms, swords and various accouterments arranged in honor of your favorite Generals. <Places hand to jaw and tilts head in contemplation, imagining how GREAT this would look in our study>

Well, Im sure they are lovely. <Squints eyes wondering what items might be appropriate for a Wofford shrine?>

OK Im in! Starting my shrine today. :showoff:

Unfortunately there is no art of Gen Wofford already on the market that I know of? Tough to find art for a Brigadier Gen. :nah disagree: Guess Ill have to create my own?

Last edited:
Haha me too!!! I guess I'll have to fight you for his affections :frown: I'd love to go on a long horseback ride with him across the countryside...... And maybe give him a little run (or ride?) for his money with my equestrian prowess???? :wink:

You have some good ideas. I knew why I like you! :wink: Maybe we can both go together, since we all know Flora owns his heart. :wink:

I might be a wee bit excited about riding a horse in general, though, so...:smile:

Yall are hysterical!!! :bounce::D:bounce::D with your shrines...paintings, firearms, swords and various accouterments arranged in honor of your favorite Generals. <Places hand to jaw and tilts head in contemplation, imagining how GREAT this would look in our study>

Well, Im sure they are lovely. <Squints eyes wondering what items might be appropriate for a Wofford shrine?>

OK Im in! Starting my shrine today. :showoff:

Unfortunately there is no art of Gen Wofford already on the market that I know of? Tough to find art for a Brigadier Gen. :nah disagree: Guess Ill have to create my own?
Here's your start.
220px-William_T._Wofford.jpg

You could colour it in, like paint by numbers.:D

I mean General Longstreet did like fried chicken (his Piedmont hotel was famous for it), but...

Hey @diane, this is the Piedmont Hotel's kitchen house/laundry photographed long, long ago on an icy day. This is where that famous chicken was prepared for the hotel guests and the General no doubt.

Source: The Longstreet Society

Last edited by a moderator:
Back