VNMP is seeking your input

So I am wondering if the big gully in the front part of the photo is the valley that the yankees charged out of when they attacked the 2nd Texas Lunette? I can't tell for sure.
That gully would have been a death trap for the Yanks during the assault.
To the right of the gully on the top of the hill were trenches that they used to fight in on their approach to the Lunette.

Is that top photo looking up at the Jewish Cemetery? What cemetery is that?
Isn't it (referring to the photo with the NPS link, the first post, not post #5) the National Cemetery? It looks like one of the poem markers near the center of the photo.

What would altering roads in the National Cemetery mean for the graves there? 😟

Yes what do they need to have a public input 30 days for? Get those corps of engineers down there!
Because of typical Federal Government goofy rules & regulations.
I can say that ... I worked for the government.

I'm all for input from a variety of professional engineers within a reasonable time fame. I'm also not opposed to input from the general public. Perhaps the public could give opinions at two or thee public meetings over a couple of days.

But not for 30 days.

So I am wondering if the big gully in the front part of the photo is the valley that the yankees charged out of when they attacked the 2nd Texas Lunette? I can't tell for sure.
Could be, but I was thinking that the assault was from the East, but I may be mistaken. This photo shows the Baldwin Ferry road that runs alongside the Lunette-cemetery. The photo which is looking south,was taken from a position just west of the VNMP Visitors center.

Because of typical Federal Government goofy rules & regulations.
I can say that ... I worked for the government.

I'm all for input from a variety of professional engineers within a reasonable time fame. I'm also not opposed to input from the general public. Perhaps the public could give opinions at two or thee public meetings over a couple of days.

But not for 30 days.

The 30 day reply period is required by regulations. For consultation and public comment it is required to be at least 30 days, to prevent periods of time too small for substantial comment.

The 30 day reply period is required by regulations. For consultation and public comment it is required to be at least 30 days, to prevent periods of time too small for substantial comment.
Exactly.

I stated that fact in post #24.

And I'll say again, I'm not opposed of a few days of public commentary/public input .

But an entire month of public forums ?

Exactly.

I stated that fact in post #24.

And I'll say again, I'm not opposed of a few days of public commentary/public input .

But an entire month of public forums ?
the people in charge of the Park today, don’t feel that they need to hurry. It is just a job for them. All the ones who cared about the Park are gone! It’s a sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
the people in charge of the Park today, don’t feel that they need to hurry. It is just a job for them. All the ones who cared about the Park are gone! It’s a sad state of affairs.
Hate to say it, but I got that impression from many VNMP employees before the soil erosion calamity .

Not all employees, but more than a few.

Hate to say it, but I got that impression from many VNMP employees before the soil erosion calamity .

Not all employees, but more than a few.
It seems to be the state of employees across the spectrum nowadays. You just don't get the quality employees anymore it seems. It would be nice if you had National Park Employees as interested and invested in the CW park as many of us are.

It seems to be the state of employees across the spectrum nowadays. You just don't get the quality employees anymore it seems. It would be nice if you had National Park Employees as interested and invested in the CW park as many of us are.
That is so true.

But if I say anymore, it may be viewed as modern politics.

Most of the National Park employees were as nice and helpful as usual, but there were quite a few that were very nonchalant about anything.

Back