Podcast Visiting the Battle of Gettysburg

I've posted a few times in this thread before about the Walking History podcast I run, and I'm excited to say I recently visited and recorded an episode on The Battle of Gettysburg. Visiting the location today is *stunning* - the battlefield is magnificently preserved, the tours you can do there are as excellent as one could hope for, and the town of Gettysburg itself is a real treat to spend some time in.

The episode I released goes into lots of detail about the battle, its leadup and aftermath, and what it's like to tour the terrain Union and Confederate forces were fighting over. Hopefully it helps bring its history to life, especially if you're too far away to visit for yourself.

Feel free to share and leave any questions or comments down below, or just shoot me a dm!

Link: https://www.theeducatorpodcast.com/walking-history

Following up with this post to let you all know I've released a second, 2 1/2 hour deep-dive episode on the Battle of Gettysburg. It's a behemoth!

The first episode is about 35 minutes long, and gives a quick overview of the battle with discussion of what it's like to visit there today. This second episode does a LOT more. It felt like a tour de force recording it. It goes into great detail about the leadup to the battle, treats each of the three days of battle as it's own mini-episode, and then discusses Lee's retreat from the battlefield, reactions to the battle across the country and globe, and finally Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. At the end, for those of you interested in visiting, I discuss the main areas of interest to visit on the battlefield, how to spend your time there if you just have an afternoon or a whole weekend, and what else you can do nearby. It was painstakingly researched, I hope you enjoy! If you want a complete description of Gettysburg, sit down, grab a glass of scotch, this is for you.

Link: https://www.theeducatorpodcast.com/walking-history