Video Discussion 59: Stonewall Jackson's Warhorse

JerseyBart

Brigadier General
Forum Host
59.jpg

Monday 10/23/17 , 9:30pm eastern in the chatroom.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?434023-2/confederate-general-stonewall-jacksons-war-horse

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, this is completely different than I expected. Little Sorrel was foaled in upstate connececut. Amazing stuff. A pacer or prancer as opposed to a normal War Horse! That explains a lot. This will be a good discussion. I, hope many attend. Fascinating characteristics between the breeds. Great find Bart. Is the author a member here?

Lol, this is completely different than I expected. Little Sorrel was foaled in upstate connececut. Amazing stuff. A pacer or prancer as opposed to a normal War Horse! That explains a lot. This will be a good discussion. I, hope many attend. Fascinating characteristics between the breeds. Great find Bart. Is the author a member here?
I believe so. See marydee's response above.

Interesting video, just watched it.
I always love to hear that Jackson was a "scrubby man on a scrubby horse". Although my impression of Jackson may be flawed by it. I was very surprised to hear of a very different Jackson during the guided tour of Jackson's home in Lexington. He was quite accomplished and well to do! But apparently not at all vain in any way.
As usual, I hope there will be a transcript again. Seems there is really something new to learn here. What do you think about that, @ami?

Last edited:
Lol, this is completely different than I expected. Little Sorrel was foaled in upstate connececut. Amazing stuff. A pacer or prancer as opposed to a normal War Horse! That explains a lot. This will be a good discussion. I, hope many attend. Fascinating characteristics between the breeds. Great find Bart. Is the author a member here?[/QUOTE

Yes I am. Believe it or not, I have a lot of information that didn't make the final edit of the book, and, of course, plenty that didn't make the C-SPAN taping. ("What?" I said. "You only want 45 minutes? How can that be?") At any rate, I'd be happy to answer questions if anybody has one.

We're going to try again next week. Baseball and football seem to have gotten in the way.

no transcript to post

Well, of course I'm sorry to hear this. But coming from a country where people plan vacations and even weddings around sports events on TV, I can relate to people's decision to back out this time.
The video was great, I learned a lot and the other posters in this thread sure enjoyed it greatly, too.
@JerseyBart, don't worry, next time you will sure have a great discussion group gathered again!

Back