Video a Discussion 62: Abraham Lincoln and the Gettysburg Address

JerseyBart

Brigadier General
Forum Host
62.jpg

Monday 1/8/18 9:30pm eastern in the chatroom.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?429745-6/abraham-lincoln-gettysburg-address

Last edited by a moderator:
Could we once again request, please, that the info about the video discussions be "pinned" throughout the weekend before, instead of just the day of? I did not see it until late this afternoon (Monday) and just barely had time to view the video. Thank you!

Gotta run and grab some dinner to sustain me through the discussion!

Maybe thanksgiving weekend was a bad idea. We’ll go again next week with this video.

Could we once again request, please, that the info about the video discussions be "pinned" throughout the weekend before, instead of just the day of? I did not see it until late this afternoon (Monday) and just barely had time to view the video. Thank you!

Gotta run and grab some dinner to sustain me through the discussion!
I don’t do much if any web site work over the weekend. By Friday at about 10am I am finished until Monday. Most of the time I don’t get the notice of the chat until sometime on Saturday. And I am rarely at a computer to fix the thread and promote it until Monday.

I would need the thread posted and my reminder sent by Thursday night it early Friday morning in order for it to be posted on the homepage for the weekend.

I will try to be there next week. We have 1 family laptop and my wife decided she wanted to online shop all night. Glad I didn't miss it.

@JerseyBart, what do you think--should we keep bumping this thread over the weekend in hopes of getting more interest for the postponed discussion? I'm really looking forward to discussing this interesting and quite moving video--I hope others will, too!

I'm willing to help with the bumping since I'll be doing my online Christmas shopping tomorrow.

Last edited:
@JerseyBart, what do you think--should we keep bumping this thread over the weekend in hopes of getting more interest for the postponed discussion? I'm really looking forward to discussing this interesting and quite moving video--I hope others will, too!

I'm willing to help with the bumping since I'll be doing my online Christmas shopping tomorrow.
We may have to take a holiday break. Christmas and Mummers Parade are heating up...meeting monday. But whenever I get going again, this video is the one we discuss.

Sounds like we might be off until after New Year's (which falls on a Monday)? So we'd resume January 8? Maybe just as well, it being a busy season and some of us taking off to possibly computerless places for a couple of weeks. Anyway, please let us know!

So we're off for Monday? Just want to be clear I don't want to show up and be all by myself :smile:
Sounds like we might be off until after New Year's (which falls on a Monday)? So we'd resume January 8? Maybe just as well, it being a busy season and some of us taking off to possibly computerless places for a couple of weeks. Anyway, please let us know!
Yes, I think the Fall Semester is over. January 8th classes resume with the current video as our topic.

Dadgumit! Gotta granddaughters-sitting gig tonight. Might get to lurk but that's about it.

Back